The GL 20II robot has been designed by CMZ to automate short and long batches and increase the productivity of the CNC lathe.
AUTOMATE SHORT AND LONG BATCHES
The GL 20II robot has been designed by CMZ to automate short and long batches and increase the productivity of the CNC lathe. The gripper heads with capacity of 2x10 kg, suit to the needs of the user. In addition, Easy to use and to program. CMZ have developed a conversational programming system that makes it very easy to set and use the robots with your CNC lathe.
- A wide range of workstockers with large capacity permits long periods of unmanned operation.
- Workstocker WS-280x400x14 with 14 pallets. This workstocker can accommodate components to a maximum diameter of 280 mm and maximum stacked height of 500 mm (maximum travel of 400mm). The 14 rotary pallets each have a carrying capacity of 75 kg maximum.
- Workstocker WS-700 for shafts: Workstocker to stock shafts from 80 mm to 700mm long and from 10 mm to 80mm diameter. (Contact CMZ for other sizes).
- Z-axis speed (longitudinal): 180 m / min.
- Y axis speed (transverse): 120 m / min.
- X axis speed (vertical): 180 m / min.
- CNC controlled axis. Rack and pinion drive and Automatic lubrication controlled by the CNC.
Gantry | Part catcher
This system is not limited to billets, CMZ manufacture gripper heads and workstockers both for billets and shafts. The combination of a barfeeder and gantry loader can be a very effective way to manage larger quantities of finished components. In this video, we show the process of a finished component…
Automation of loading clamping fixtures
Manufacturing processes usually require different type of machines to finish a component. In order to ease the movement between machines and ensure precision, clamping fixtures can be used. CMZ has developed an automated process to load components mounted in clamping fixtures in a CMZ TA series CNC…
Automation of machining shafts
A solution to automate the process of machining shafts in your CNC lathe. Our GL20II gantry loader system combined with the WS700 workstocker for shafts allows you to leave you machines running unmanned. You can have several parts in each line up to 700mm. Controlling the robot is very easy and you…
Parting Off with Y Axis
Material is a considerable percentage in component cost. In order to avoid large material waste on the cut off, the blades are usually very thin and long, which often lead to vibrations and bad surface finish. The only solution is to reduce the tool overhang to minimise the effect; however, the…